Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thanksgiving, sweet treats and the pre-term labor treadmill

I don't know where to begin to express thanksgiving to all of you guys.  Precious family and friends who bless Jarrett and me daily.  Jarrett and I are beginning to feel a little worn by our stay at Memorial, but you all continue to send us words of encouragement and "treats" that lift our spirits or (to use my favorite analogy)keep me running on this treadmill called pre-term labor. 

Yep that's my crazy way of picturing the journey:  On a pre-term labor treadmill.  We're learning to take it a day at a time and a week at a time.  I am overwhelmed when the nurses say, "Only three more weeks!"  It is very exciting.  We're halfway to the ultimate goal on Saturday, but wow, three more weeks in the bed, hooked up to machines?  Jeez.  I have to stop and regroup, picture the treadmill at SSI Health & Fitness in my head:  Five more minutes, one more lap.  That has been my prayer tonight; that Jarrett and me and all of those in the trenches with us will wake up to start anew tomorrow, like we've only been here a few days and this adventure is new.

I've got pictures to take so you guys can see some of the sweet treats we've received.  There's some precious baby clothes, flowers, snacks, even a handmade hospital gown.  I was hoping to get pictures today, but somehow things were busier than we thought.  I had three episodes of regular contractions that Breaker didn't like too much.  We had visitors too!  The visitors hit the spot today :)

As did this precious post from our brother-in-law, David Herndon.  I'll treasure his words forever.  If you can, check it out.  Here is the address:  http://davidherndon.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/not-forsaken/ .  Those of you who know David know he has an incredible way with words.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.  We feel 'em!!  Much love--C

2 comments:

  1. Court,
    I feel so ashamed that I didn't realize you have been on quite a roller coaster in preparation for your baby boy. I've been so self absorbed (unintentionally) lately preparing for our cross country move. Anyway, enough about me. I wish you tons of good luck and plenty of prayers that you continue to stay strong and healthy on your long journey to deliver a perfectly healthy little angel. I know you can do it! Oh, and that you don't become driven to use your lunch utensils on anyone in the meantime. :) I am so proud of you for making it this far!!!
    -Jessica Perkins Molina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been praying for y'all in Athens, GA!

    Many blessings,

    Jana, Jason, Molly & Sam Harwell

    ReplyDelete