Monday, May 23, 2011

No more hang-ups on the middle

Jarrett and I have debated Breaker's middle name for over a week now.  What in the world has our hang-up been?  I won't bore you with the details.  Here it is:  Breaker Howston Bridges! 

Here's the story.  I have loved the name "Houston" (pronounced How-ston) for years.  It all began with a trip to Manhattan when I was corrected on my pronunciation by one of the street policemen.  I thought it was the coolest.  Well, come to find out, the street is actually named after William Churchill Houstoun a lawyer from Savannah.  How cool is that?  He married a lady from New York.  He was also a member of the Constitutional Convention.

Jarrett was concerned about the pronunciation and did further research.  "Howston" is the original Scottish spelling and clears up any confusion, hopefully, on how to say Breaker Howston Bridges!

No comments:

Post a Comment