Friday, February 24, 2012

Sometimes I get a good feeling

Team Bridges is one day a way from Finley's debut 100M dash and my second half marathon. I signed up while my brain was still in post-partum function. I had no idea what I was biting off for the four of us. Actually more than the four of us. All of my Glynn County fam has rallied to help this sista out. From watching the children for me to run, to making tutus, to simply understanding the need to get a run in for the day. It has been a training road for ALL of us. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.

And J-Rat this is the best Christmas gift any running obsessed girl could dream of! Dreams come true in Orlando, right?

OK, got too mushy there.

Anyway, Finley runs her first race in the morning in a Beebe Couture tutu. Thank goodness one of us can run alongside her. I'm thinking J should take this one. He's the natural athlete and naturally faster.

Finley's race starts at 11:00 in the morning. How cush is that? My race, however, starts at 5:45 Sunday morning. I have to be on the bus no later than 4:00. Whoa. I think T.W. Jacks helped plan this one! For those of you who don't know, Papaw woke up as early as 3:30 a.m. to get his "treadmill" in before work. This obsession comes naturally.

We're getting close to O'town and the Expo. Fin says she doesn't want to ride the expo. She's ready to see the princesses. She has already used her GMC money to purchase a Tianna figurine set at our first stop.

More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment