Monday, February 27, 2012

Second wind

I should be asleep right now, but somehow have the energy to be awake and blogging.

The Disney Princess Half Marathon was AMAZING! I can't thank the fam friends enough. It was such an early start, but there was more excitement and energy in the air than any other race I have ever participated in. Everyone was so happy. I guess Disney World is the happiest place on earth, seriously. The focus was on tutus, not beating the clock. That was refreshing for me. While I'm not a fast runner, I am competitive with myself. I wish I could have gotten past my competitive nature and stood in line for a pic with Tiana, but I just had to keep going.

More than anything though I wanted to cross the finish line and see two of my boo-boos. The faster I went, the sooner I got to see them. It was worth it all when I saw their faces and Finley began rattling off all the princesses she had seen.

In the race retreat Fin was painted like a puppy and surprisingly it lasted through the Magic Kingdom.

I don't know how any of us made it a day at MK. I guess it was the hear fact, uh hello, muster up your energy, you're at Disney World! Finley was afraid of everything. It was double workout for Jarrett and me. She did make it to her fave, Country Bear Jamboree. The parade was a HUGE hit too. Snowhite (sp?) blew her a kiss! Oh and I forgot to mention yesterday she got a kiss from Timon. Girlfriend has been racking up in the smooch department.





1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm sorry but Finley is the cutest thing EVER!!! Glad your run went well :)

    ReplyDelete