Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

Seriously, seriously, I am going to be a better blogger in 2012.  After hearing Brooke Vollaster's closing at church yesterday I've decided that my words for the year are discipline and diligence.  In my personal life I tend to be a procrastinator (not always, but often).  That's why I've chosen these two words.  I want to be "on the ball" for J, Fin and B-man.

The Christmas Season was a blessing.  We were able to travel to Rome and Valdosta and have old school family Christmases.  Rome was a shorter trip than anticipated.  We were there less than twenty-four  hours.  I had such a hard time making the call to come home midday Saturday.  With the challenges and gifts we've received throughout 2011 I was really hoping to get more time with my grandparents.  I wanted to soak up as much of their attention as possible.  Yep, I wanted it to be about me for a few minutes (like any grandchild does).  Breaker and Finley had other ideas.  Breaker couldn't sleep and Finley couldn't handle sugar and ALL of her cousins at the same time (and her Aunt Gail, Uncle Eddie, Savannah, great grandparents, etc.).  She LOVES going to stay at her Aunt Gail's house.  She can't get enough of that sweet, sweet attention from Aunt Gail.  This year Finley understood Mel&Mimi's too.  She wanted to make the jewelry room her new home.  I thought I was going to pass out trying to keep the jewels on display and off of her three-year-old neck, fingers and wrists.

Valdosta was busy, but not quite as wild as Rome.  Finley and Breaker got QT with Aunt Katie and Uncle Sim.  Juju made a fab Christmas Adam dinner and Christmas Eve breakfast.  Finley wasn't sure about pigs-in-a-blanket, but I'm sure Uncle Sim will have her convinced of their goodness eventually :).  Seeing Katie and her precious baby bump was priceless.  It was fun opening presents for Lucy Kate.  Only about three months to go and she'll be here!

Now that I've resigned to be a better blogger I'm having writers block.  I think of things to type throughout the day, but by the time everyone is in bed momma brain has taken over.  I can't remember or articulate much. 

So that's all for now, but there's more to come.  Maybe there's a blogspot app?

No comments:

Post a Comment