Monday, October 24, 2011

Little fighters

On Saturday I was blessed to take Breaker to his first ever NICU Reunion Party in Savannah.  Jarrett had to judge at the Brunswick Stewbilee and we had had such a busy week I had hung up the idea of going, but mom and dad decided to make a last minute trip.  They took B and me along for the ride!

I didn't know what kind of emotions to anticipate feeling.  It was my first trip back to Savannah since leaving with Breaker in June.  I was excited to share his progress with the precious nurses who cared for him, but at the same time felt guilty.  Most of the children at the party looked as if they had made it through prematurity as fighters (like most do).  They had physical and mental obstacles unlike other children, but you wouldn't know it.  God gives his littlest ones amazing confidence, perseverance and grace.

My emotions over Breaker's first NICU reunion are especially heightened because Jarrett and I have friends, Hayley and Whit Dawson, who are currently cheering their little one, Polly, on to recovery.  Polly is two weeks old tomorrow and has quite a challenge in front of her.  That's why I wanted to blog tonight.  Polly needs all of you cheering and praying for her.  Tomorrow the doctors at MCG are going to take her off ECMO and put her on a ventilator.  It's a BIG step for this little lady, but so far she has faced challenges head-on and pushed through.  I have no doubt she'll do the same tomorrow. 

I also have no doubt that one day Polly, Hayley and Whit will be attending an NICU Reunion Party of their own.  So if you will please say a prayer for Baby Polly tonight, tomorrow and whenever she comes to mind it would mean the world.  God has great things in store for this little fightin' lady.

Here are a few of the sciptures that carried me through while we were in Savannah:

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
Psalm 91:11

The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them.
Psalm 34:7

No comments:

Post a Comment