Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tell of Two Js

Breaker's personality is coming out.  I think it was last Wednesday(4/11/12) when I first noticed his inner Jarrett emerge.  I say this because everyone has been under the impression that Breaker is our "chill" child.  It all started with a few screams.  I thought something was wrong.  It sounded like his "help me" scream.  Nope.  He had toys and even Mickey on the TV.  It was an "entertain me now" scream.  Surely not, I thought to myself.  Then it happened about an hour later, then at lunch time, then at dinner.  You get the picture.  Breaker has added to his hierarchy of needs:  Entertainment.

Once again motherhood is taking me down the path of trying to figure out how to keep a babe occupied.  This wouldn't be such a daunting task, but my children have the "J" gene.  It's a gene given to them by their own the go, what's next, multi-tasking father.  It comes in handy sometimes.  Jarrett once painted our entire duplex in five days, he can do laundry, swift the floors and unload the dishwasher while I'm out on a jog and when Finley is expressing her "J" gene he finds ways to invent games instantly.

Now it's time for Jarrett to add Breaker's interest to his entertainment repertoire.  At the moment this would include cars, a shark noisemaker, puffs, and anything you might find to hold condiments at a fast food restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment