Note to readers: I've been working on this post since the first of June. Writer's block?
Twelve months and twenty pounds later I have a one-year-old. Here comes the cliche. Time has flown by. I think back to this time last year and the challenges we were facing seem so much farther away. It feels like that time was ages ago. God is good like that. He takes times of trial and shows us how we grew from them rather than causing us to begrudge them.
Enough of the serious stuff. Let's look back on what my little man has been up to in his first year of life.
1. He outgrew his bassinet faster than Jarrett and I anticipated. Breaker has shocked us with his growth. It was almost painstaking for Finley to get weight. B has packed on the pounds. He's not a stuff-your-face kind of guy either. He rarely takes a full eight ounce bottle and when it comes to solids he may chow on half a container at lunch and finish it off at dinner. He's just now learning to sign "more".
2. Bless his heart, his first summer wasn't one for typical summer excursions. He made trips to the back porch, but was too young for the beach or pool. I believe his first beach trip was September. He was snug as a bug in the stroller while Finley stripped to her skivvies.
3. Breaker's first ever football game was in September too. He even got to see the princesses (homecoming court) one of Eli's favorite halftime traditions. My boys know cute girls when they see them!
4. October brought his first ear infections. Double ear infections. He missed Trick or Treating and playing the Beast opposite Finley as Belle. Beebe had painstakingly made his costume. It was perfect. Claws on his socks and hand sewn eyelash fringe on his jacket. Maybe his little boy can wear it one day?
5. In December he made his first trips to Rome and Valdosta. It was crazy. See earlier post :).
I don't remember much about the winter. Momnesia? He finally gave up his middle of the night bottle. I continued to drag him around on errands while Finley was at school. He's sure to enjoy shopping like Jarrett (just enough to make occasional trips with his gal one day).
In May he sat through his first of what I predict to be many dance recitals. We hosted his baby dedication and made two more trips to Rome and Valdosta. In Valdosta we celebrated his Birthday along with two of his cousin's Birthdays! All three of the boys were born within twelve hours of each other. It was wonderful to be with all of Jarrett's side of the family. We got much needed time with Lucy Kate too!